Are dark spots on your face getting you down? Pimples, acne, and other skin imperfections are nuisances. Skin imperfections can be unsightly.
They can cause anxiety, self-consciousness, anxiety, and worry, chip away at your self-confidence, and make you more prone to depression. Dark spots on your face can be noticeable and make you feel ugly. Can you get rid of dark spots on your face? Let´s dive in.
What are dark spots on the skin and face?
So you want to know how to get rid of these dark spots that keep recurring on your face? First, let´s find out how they appear on your face to begin with.
Many methods to unsightly dark spots
There are several ways for dark spots to appear, not just on your face but also on your body. Dark blotches, dark spots, or discolored skin can also appear on the arms, shoulders, back, and hands. Unfortunately, no one is exempt from them.
What can cause dark spots on the face?
Hyperpigmentation is the darkening of an area of skin commonly on your face due to an increase in the production of melanin stemming from one or more of the following:
- too much sun exposure
- hormonal imbalance
- certain diseases or conditions
- exposure to some chemicals
- skin irritation/trauma
Cystic pimples are common in some people. They are usually inflamed large pus-filled, painful, boil-looking acne. It is for good reason that you are warned not to pop pimples when they appear on your face because they can leave ugly scars behind.
Add to that the occasional acne breakouts from stress or menstrual cycles, and you can have an unwanted scaring/dark spots problem on hand quickly.
3) Certain diseases or conditions
Some diseases can contribute to an increase in hyperpigmentation.
- Melasma is tan/dark (patchy) skin discoloration more common in women and people with darker skin.
- Graves disease is an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid.
- Nelson´s syndrome may occur in individuals who no longer have adrenal glands (removed) to treat Cushing´s disease.
- Addison´s disease is a rare, long-term endocrine disorder with inadequate production of steroid hormones cortisol and aldosterone.
4) Exposure to chemicals
Some drugs may cause skin inflammation (photosensitivity), allergy reactions/eruptions, dark spots, and discoloration (heavy metals).
Can I prevent dark spots from coming on my face?
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if you purchase through them at no additional cost to you. EHLC is viewer-supported, we´d like you to use them to support us. Thank you in advance for your kind support.
As daunting as dark spots may seem, there are measures you can take to improve your skin´s health. Good health starts from the inside out.
- Improve your diet: replace trigger foods (for some people) such as unhealthy fried fast foods with healthier meals rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise: develop a healthier lifestyle. A healthier lifestyle can significantly impact not only your general health but can boost your skin´s health as well.
- Follow a good skin cleansing regimen: wash your face with a gentle facial cleanser for your skin type (oily, dry, combination, or regular skin)
- Invest in good sunscreen.
- Limit sun exposure.
- Stay hydrated: increase your daily water intake (your skin will thank you)
- Invest in a few good skin care products to help fade dark spots and acne scars.
How do I get rid of dark spots fast?
Iluminatural 6i is an advanced skin lightener from Skinception. The inventors of Skinception understand the dilemma of skin imperfections and through careful and extensive research and testing, came up with some solutions to nurse your skin back to health.
Their formulas are from all-natural products. Their goal is to give you the skin nature intended, but science revolutionized. Iluminatural 6i is a gentle formula derived from natural, plant-based exfoliants. It was designed to work with your body´s 28-day cell regeneration cycle.
This formula contains no mercury or other harsh products that may have negative side effects on your health.
- What can Iluminatural 6i do for you?
- Lighten blemishes and dark spots.
- Lighten sun spots, acne scars, melasma, and freckles.
- Gives a polish-blemish-free complexion.
- Results in mere weeks.
<<< Are you tired of ugly acne scars? >>>
Dermefface is a gentle formula that is strong enough to get rid of even the most noticeable scars. Have you been hiding your scars with your hairstyles, clothing, or other creative methods? Then Dermefface may be the solution you´ve been looking for.
What can Dermefface FX7 do for you?
This delicate formula has many benefits, such as:
- may fade scars naturally
- reduces the appearance of scars significantly
- flattens and smoothes scars
- works on scars from acne, pimples, burns, hypertrophy, chicken pox, or surgery
- works on new or existing scars
- may speed up wound healing (D1-Panthenol)
- increase collagen production Type 1 and III
- increase skin moisturization by 100% (Hydrolite 5)
<<< Do you feel ugly because of the dark spots on your face? >>>
Dark spots on your skin and face can be detrimental to your skin and cause unwanted stress. If you are tired of unsightly dark spots, you do have solutions.
Adopt a healthier lifestyle by replacing greasy fried fast foods with healthier meals, implementing a good exercise regimen, staying hydrated, having a good beauty regimen, and using products to remove unsightly scarring and dark spots.
Give your skin the help it needs when it needs it so you can finally get to the place of healthy skin transformation through lifestyle changes, a good beauty regimen, and products like Dermefface FX7 and Illuminatural 6i.
You can have the skin you can be proud of.
You may also like:
How can you make your skin glow? | Elevate Healthy Lifestyle Choices
Supplements for healthy skin | Elevate Healthy Lifestyle Choices
Natural tips for healthy skin | Elevate Healthy Lifestyle Choices
2 thoughts on “Do dark spots on the face go away?”
I am forever looking online for skin care creams and oils to reduce/remove one patch of dark skin from my face. It turns darker during the summer when my skin gets some color, but during the winter it is still visible. Makeup will hide it to a degree but can make it look worse.
I think mine is hyperpigmentation as it’s only one spot. I’m 51 now, so I guess age spots are to be expected, but I wish they were on a part of my skin that isn’t as noticeable as the face!
I will look into the Iluminatural 6i that you’ve recommended.
I’m currently using a vitamin C cream and exfoliator, which perhaps has helped a little but not enough for my liking.
This is a great article; thank you.
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Yes, hyperpigmentation can rare its ugly head. And as you mentioned some women cover them with makeup.
You are not alone. Many have tried different solutions to fade their dark spots. Yes, you should give Iluminatural 6i a try and share your experience with us.